Joint agreement with State of Alaska, philosophical issues briefing paper
The Office of the Federal Inspector and Alaska State Pipeline Coordinator's Office negotiated an agreement, and this memorandum outlines areas of difference. Esposito discusses his and Ned Hengerer's concerns on the State's view and recommends OFI positions.
|Publisher:||Office of the Federal Inspector (OFI)|
|Date:||January 18, 1982|
|Addressee / Recipient:||Rhett, John T., Jr.|
|Online Access:||View Full Text|
|Library Holdings:||Print Versions|
- 1. State legal requirements : incorporation of all or "applicable"
- 2. OFI authority for design : "pipeline integrity" versus broader authority of President's decision (Scope of federal NTP authority on state lands, and, Scope of OFI stop-work authority on state lands)
- 3. Recognition of OFI authority on private lands (NTP authority; Stop-work authority)
- 4. NTP approach (Joint or concurrence/coordination)
- 5. Haul Road integrity (incorporation of DOI/Alaska agreement with Rhett to Horn caveats)
- 6. Socioeconomics (Extent of federal authority/responsibility)
- 7. Cost/environment/schedule considerations.