Availability of invertebrate food sources for rearing juvenile chinook salmon in turbid Susitna River habitats /
"This report, Report Number 8, summarizes the results and findings of the juvenile chinook salmon food availability study conducted during the 1984 open water (May-October) field season."--Pref.
|Alternate Title:||Title on fiche header of microform version has incorrect title: Availability of invertebrate food sources for rearing chinook salmon in turbid Susitna River habitat|
|Additional Author(s):||Richards, J. Craig.,|
|Corporate Contributor(s):||Alaska Power Authority.|
Alaska. Susitna Hydro Aquatic Studies.
|Publisher:||Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game, Susitna Hydro Aquatic Studies,|
|Report Numbers:||APA 2846|
|Series:||Document (Susitna Hydroelectric Project) ;
no. 2846. |
Report (Alaska. Susitna Hydro Aquatic Studies) ; no. 8.
|Online Access:||Link to Full Text|
|Library Holdings:||Print Versions|
- Methods: Field sampling ; Laboratory analysis ; Data analysis
- Results: Invertebrate drift ; Benthic Invertebrates ; Invertebrate larval development ; Juvenile chinook salmon diet ; Turbidity at study sites and mainstem Susitna River
- Discussion: Available food sources for juvenile chinook salmon in side channels and side sloughs ; Effects of flow on the distribution and abundance of benthic invertebrates in side channels and side sloughs ; Utilization of available food by juvenile chinook salmon in side channels and side sloughs ; Conclusions and future research
- Appendices: Appendix A. Study site hydrographs, rating curves and discharge data ; Appendix B. Benthic and drift invertebrate data ; Appendix C. Results of the multiple regression analysis for drift data ; Appendix D. Formula for calculating the Shannon-Weaver diversity index and evenness index ; Appendix E. Juvenile chinook salmon stomach content data
- Appendix F. Weighted usable area projection data ; Appendix G. Water turbidity data.